Time for another list like the last two or three I’ve done over the last 4+ years (and that I’m too lazy to search for). It’s good for the soul; it cleanses the BS tolerance palate so you can ingest more without dying.
And I do not mean to be cryptic. This list is flat-out take-it-at-face-value. In fact, misery loves company, so please feel free to add to this list. In fact, I covet your additions. Please…add.
Today’s Hate List
- Going to bed at 10 because you got up at 3 yesterday, only to wake up at 2:30 a.m. and not be able to get back to sleep until around, oh, 15 minutes before the alarm goes off.
- All. Political. Campaigns. I swear to the gods, if Congress doesn’t reform the way they’re done, I’m going to appear at rallies with a big ol’ ratty fly swatter and storm the podium every time one of these jokers makes a personal attack on the other. So alert Homeland Security; I’m comin’.
- Closed minds that think the Bible is a cut-and-dried instruction manual, and that an ape could understand what God obviously wants. (If that is so, why is there not a single Christian denomination espousing doctrine upon which everyone agrees? Why are there fifteen translations and centuries-long bickering about the intent? I’ll stop here for now.)
- Smelling the remnants of last night’s dinner when you come downstairs in the morning. I spent 15 minutes wiping down my kitchen with Clorox cleaner, washing the walls and taking out the garbage this morning. Juuuuuust what I wanted to do before coffee.
- This one makes the list every dang time: hateful people. I am ashamed of my unclean thoughts about them, and also about including hateful people on a “hate” list — I know, it makes no sense, but work with me here. I’m in a mood. Look, we’re all damaged, right? Everyone falls down. It’s the people who aren’t the least bit concerned with the building-back-up process that grate on me. Shame, shame, shame.
- Getting a cold. Yes, fiends, it’s time for my annual Fall Grippe.
OK, time to let fly. What grates on you this day? There has to be something, unless you’re one of those “every day is a unicorn party on a fluffy cloud with My Pretty Pony” type people, in which case you’re #7 on today’s list.