I’m finding lately I say things like, “I don’t get why people go gaga about this” and “I don’t think this or that is funny” and “What’s the big deal?” way too often. Am I cynical? Or just a snarky old hag? Probably a little of both and some other stuff, too. For ink-stance:
- Taylor Lautner – unhandsome. What’s all the fuss about? (Now let’s get him some rhinoplasty and we’re talkin’ turkey.) Robert Pattinson has a beauty about him, but nothing outrageously stunning. Kristen Stewart? Meh. (But I did enjoy the Twilight books and the first movie. I guess you can add “gooey sap” and “undiscerning” to my list of self-descriptors.)
- I didn’t find the SNL spoof of Twilight funny (and I’ve watched it twice in the last 3 days).
- The one time I root for the stupid Denver Broncos…sheezly.
- I think I’m one of eight people in the country who think Jay Leno is unfunny.
- Why is it that my morning quiet time flies by, while all the other times, when I’m doing things I have to do, drag?
I covet your thoughts. What do you look at and ask, “What’s the big deal?” Could be I’m just having a snippy day. I try not to have those too often.
But on the bright side — happy birthday, Mavis! Yay!!!