OK, I’m a bit irritated. Nettled. Miffed. Slightly peeved. Annoyed. J’ever have a morning when you haven’t even been up for an hour, and the suckage level is already rising at breakneck speed?
*drumming fingers on desk*
Right. I need to get out of this funk and on to my spectacular day. Lots of craziness planned at the Fink house, as the days until the Odyssey wind down to three and a wake-up. But first, the heaving up of random peeves:
- My inability, for the life of me, to remember how to do a simple maneuver in Paint Shop Pro X2 that I’ve done with ease for years. And do you THINK the web has any advice after searching for 30 minutes?
- Evangelists whose sermons are mostly a long string of trite platitudes, one right after the other.
- When people, after describing a quick and easy task, exclaim,“Walla!” [sic]
- The fact that, thanks to new ink technology, Silly Putty no longer “takes up” newspaper comics.
- That I’m dealing with choir tour this morning. Before I leave, I have to upload documents for parents, and I need my rep to answer a question. Autoresponse after emailing him: I’m out of the office until June 20.
- Caring who is gay or straight. I. Simply. Do. Not. And neither should anyone else.
- When people, afer reading a recipe, post the comment, “YUMMO!” (Seriously, I think violent, truly felonious thoughts. Just…c’mere. *bANg*)
- That people not only know they’re using the wrong form of you’re/your, but admit they don’t care. I do not want to live on this planet anymore.
*straightening hair and skirt*
Well, there now. I feel all better. And look at me, all givin’ up coffee and stuff.
OK not really.