For those who might not know, my RNFs are comprised basically of general, off-the-top-of-my-head observations. You know, kind of like the posts I write every day and fail to assign a number to…
Anyway. Set, go.
Random Neuron Firings
- Wow, such anger. What a hothead. Is this guy who you want for the leader of the free world? One poorly-timed joke by a visiting Beijing diplomat, and *kABLam* — there goes China.
- Mavis’s surgery went well. I’m glad she’s home, resting. I spoke with her on the phone last night, and she sounds a bit better.
- Latest addition to the Dinner Theatre song list: “Me Ol’ Bamboo” from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Remember that movie? Awesome. I would have liked to see the Broadway show, but it didn’t last long.
- Speaking of old stuff…remember My Friend Flicka? Sure you do, fellow crusty ones. My grandpa Johnson, whose parents were from Sweden, told me one day as it came on the TV at his house, “You know, flicka means ‘girl’ in Swedish.” I have never forgotten that fact — or that day, back in what — 1965-66, when it was in reruns? Isn’t it funny how seemingly small memories stick with you in a big way?
- Remy had a good day with the Thriller while I was at school yesterday. They bonded, played, took a ride in the car to the vet (the doc says he’s 100% healthy, with a beautiful coat and markings, and likely around two years old), and spent some time talking to one another. While Remy stayed pretty close to Mommy for the evening, I was told that he went downstairs to the office earlier in the day, without having to be coaxed down with treats or taken on the leash. Good boy, Remington!
- Just found out last night that Boardwalk Empire is in its last season. Whaaa? Mad Men is on the way out, too. Breaking Bad (the best show in the history of TV drama, ever, hands down) is already gone. Sheesh. Watch — next it’ll be Downton Abbey, Ray Donovan, The Newsroom, Homeland, Dracula…all my favorites. Cripes, what’s next? 60 Minutes?
- It’s hilarious to watch Remy play with his Skineez toy. He has the reindeer. I wasn’t sure he’d play with it at all, but it’s his favorite. Nasty looking things, but apparently, dogs love them because they resemble rodents. Niiiiiiice.
- I hate the first day back to school after a long vacation, and this vacation was extra-long. Yesterday wasn’t too bad, though. I think everyone might have been more “OK” with going back than they let on. Still, I’d be lying if I said I’m not thrilled when quittin’ time rolls around.
And that is all for this morning, my fiends. Hey, it’s Finkday — the weekend’s almost here! I hope I can get some major visiting in over the next 48 hours (Mavis, Kay, the As, then the Js). Then it’s off to the Dinner Theatre rehearsal schedule. Yippy! Here’s hoping that you have some fun plans for the weekend, too.