I mean, really. Maybe it’s my mood this morning (as I said a couple of days ago, it’s not been the best week in memory), but I feel like ten miles of bad road — on the inside. I need me some fun, and I see none in my immediate future. I guess I’ll need to go make some. But until then, here is what frames my discontent:
- I haven’t seen Lars and Helen for at least two weeks — and they live eight houses down the street from me. Life is too flippin’ busy.
- Jake fell off the bed and fractured his collar bone (poor baby!), and I can’t get out to see him until tomorrow.
- I have a delightful teacher inservice today. Ask me if I wouldn’t rather have a classroom full of sixth graders than a day full of activities planned by an administrator.
- I hate pondering the all-encompassing domino effect of choices in one’s life. If you really think about it, it’s huge.
- Dinner Theatre rehearsals are a full two weeks behind schedule.
However (and this is a big fat “but”), I try not to hate without a way out, to wit: a long, long time ago, someone had me write down all the negative feelings I could think of, and then go back through the list and devise a way around each one. Therefore, to that end:
- On my way home from the basketball game tonight, I will call Helen and Lars. Set up a time for coffee this weekend.
- After that call, I will call Hannah and see how Jakey’s doing.
- In the big scheme of life, one day of inservice is not so bad. Who knows? Maybe I’ll actually get something out of it (*SniCKeR*).
- Resolve to make better choices today, because it could affect a whole slew of tomorrows.
So, see? It’s not so bad, having plenty of stuff to hate. But you know, misery loves company, so let’s hear your hates. The Fink is here to help you deal with them. I covet your blatherings.
Off to the showers — and then to my own special version of Friday the 13th. Yippy!