What do you wish today? If I could, I’d wave my magic wand and grant it.
Here’s a partial list of mine. Not complaining, mind — just, you know…if wishes were fishes and all.
- we could time it so our pets would leave this world with us instead of before us. (Seamus and Hannah have to say goodbye to their sweet dog, Willow, this Friday. We’re all heartbroken.)
- we could all be forced to walk in the shoes of those less fortunate once in a while.
- I could spend more time with my three grandsons.
- Milky Way bars had like 15 calories.
- I had running water in my building at school.
- I didn’t have to get on a plane in order to visit Slovenia and the Netherlands.
- there was more time to rehearse for this show (even though it seems like I’m at school every waking moment as it is).
- I knew why professed Christians say, “I’ll forgive, but I won’t forget,” when Jesus forgave and forgot. It was good enough for the son of God, but…?
- we could do that beaming-up thing from Star Trek.
- there was more time in the mornings to write to you. I could get up at 4…
Nah, maybe not.
Hey, it’s Tunesday, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep. As David Hartman used to say, (can anyone remember?)…