Remember that TV series from the 80s? I liked it.
Yesterday, I finalized all our lodging for the Route 66 Odyssey. Took me 12 hours. The Thriller and I are both getting bigtime excited for the journey. Hotels will be our life, with the occasional laundromat thrown in. And we’re long on variety, too, in an effort to experience some off-the-beaten-path Route 66 gems and other quirky, cool places, in addition to the mainstream chains. Oh, the places we’ll go!
Behold the stops along the way, and some on the way back home:
- Red Roof Inn – Joliet, IL
- Budget Lodging – St. Clair, MO
- Munger Moss Motel – Lebanon, MO
- BoomR and BluVox’s Paradise – Dallas, TX – the nicest resort of them all
- Days Inn – Austin, TX
- Sleep Inn – Amarillo, TX
- Rodeway Inn – Gallup, NM
- America’s Best Value Inn – Needles, CA
- Wigwam Motel – San Bernardino, CA
- Orleans Hotel & Casino – Las Vegas, NV
- Canyon Country Inn – Williams, AZ
- Super 8 – Denver, CO
- La Quinta Inn – Omaha, NE
That’s a partial (but almost complete) list. More will appear when plans to visit Mom of Thriller firm up. Do you think we’ll be sick of living out of a suitcase after 2+ weeks? I think I’ll love it.
But for now…it’s Mondayne, and time to go to school. Yay.
RF, jonesin’ for July