Even though my Thanksgiving break isn’t over yet (Deer Huntin’ Day tomorrow, so no school — gotta love teaching out in the sticks), I’m looking forward to Christmas vacation. Between spending as much time as possible with Jake and Justin and getting the new district website done in Joomla, I plan to see a movie or two. Behold:
- Sherlock Holmes, and not because Robert Downey is dreamy. Really.
- New Moon, because I liked the books. Not particularly looking forward to the mopey, depressed teenage girl aspect, however. I never was one, and I don’t like to be around them. But I do love all things vampiric.
- Avatar, because I think it’s impossible for James Cameron to have a bigger triumph than Titanic. And it looks quite good, actually, so I may be proven wrong.
- It’s Complicated – I am not a Baldwin fan, but this does look really funny.
- The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, and not because of Heath Ledger, don’t ya know.
Of course, I will watch White Christmas and It’s a Wonderful Life, just because they’re wonderful, and probably catch The Santa Clause because it’s cute, and because it is the last movie I ever saw with my mother, back in 1994.
Christmas shopping is pretty much done. Howdya like that??
Wish I wouldn’t have scheduled a gig for my v-jazz group this afternoon, however. Would have been nice to just be lazy all day. Ah well. Good music is always a fine reason to get out of the house.
Enjoy your Sunday — the holiday insanity begins.