Start a food blog, don’t start a food blog. Start a food blog, don’t start a food blog. What do you think, fiends?
Here’s the thing. I don’t have a particular cooking/baking style. It’s pretty eclectic, and ranges from the ridiculous to the sublime. I just have to decide whether it’s all worth sharing (I am also going to need some extra income when I grow up and retire). Behold the skeleton premise:
- There are many recipes our mother used that I would love to share. She was raised on a farm, the eldest of nine children, and learned a lot about cooking — by necessity, because she did most of it for the family. She then grew up to be an amazing cook, and passed a lot of her knowledge down to us. I want to keep that alive.
- I’m no legitimate foodie. In fact, I’m an illegitimate foodie. I cook and bake for comfort and nostalgia, and for the joy factor, which I hope is reflected in the stuff I make. I would share that.
- The concentration would be on easy, fun and filling Midwestern fare, with shortcuts and other ideas along the way. There’d be a definite concentration on cake baking.
- Now that the Thriller has his lovely new toy, I would concentrate on honing my skills with food photography as well.
- Then, of course, there’s my irascible wit.………..*cricket, cricket*