(And if you know what show that song is from, you’ve seen some really bad musicals. Respect to Ashford & Simpson, but yikes.)
I should have rephrased the title to say “…no more bad news.” There’s been a lot over the last day or so:
- The terrible damage and deaths from the storm in Mexico
- The Browns, once again trading away their top draft choice so he can win a Super Bowl with some other team
- A huge project required for my upcoming teacher evaluation is due on the 30th, and I haven’t even begun putting data together (this ought to be fun)
- I thought tomorrow was payday; it isn’t
- Yesterday, someone told me, “This too shall pass.” I hate that flippant, arrogant, pretentious phrase. I experienced violent thoughts. It was bad news.
- Thanks to the “huge project required for my upcoming teacher evaluation,” I know what my weekend looks like, and it is vile
- The Thriller’s new job is going to be good, but he’s mired in training and paperwork — mountains of paperwork — right now. That, and he doesn’t get his first paycheck until October. Huh??
Would you believe me if I said there are about five more items I could add to the list? I think you would. But I won’t do it today. <Insert sentence about how grateful I am to have a great job, family and friends, and that I don’t usually write whiny, negative posts.>
All right, fiends. Let’s get up and at ’em. Here’s to a day free of sad tidings.