More and more things to hate this morning. Sometimes a good dose of “Aw, get off it!” is good. As PK once suggested, maybe I need puppy therapy. Or how about vacation? How about that, hm? (Greg and Suzanne really got involved on that post, too — it was dandy.)
So I have a shiny, new, fresh list of aversions this day. I haven’t hated since January, so I’m entitled. Behold:
- late May. Our bosses tell us, “School is still going on; education still needs to happen,” but I think sometimes they forget what it was like to have 90% of your students mentally check out three weeks ago.
- giving the annual award for my department, because there is always more than one worthy candidate. Splitting hairs: seems like it’s all I do lately, and I will do more tomorrow at auditions for next fall’s musical.
- when I try to make a serious point to one of my choirs and end up saying something really stupid and inappropriate (I swear, it was an accident yesterday — it just came out really wrong).
- taking my students’ actions personally.
- politics — of all kinds.
- having control of all facets of my life, except that one.
- that LOST ended just when I was starting to get into it.
- the twelve hours leading up to a performance.
- knowing I’ve forgotten something, but not knowing what.
- feeling there are things I did not accomplish this year.
But tomorrow’s list is going to include things I love, so no worries. Yin and yang are in balance; feng shui is preserved. The wish is granted. Long live Jambi.