I like humor, and love conversations in the comment section, so please — comment!
A lot of people ask about the name. For as long as I can remember, my username on forums and member sites on the web has been “Rat Fink.” I chose it on account of the memories of going to my uncle Dan’s house as a kid and seeing all the cool Rat Fink dragster models he built. I loved to play with them.
Random Things in Case You’re Wondering
- I am a public school choral director, and 30-plus-year jazz/R & B/rock musician.
- I’m a widow with five grown children and six grandchildren. I lost my husband, Michael (affectionately and forever known as “The Thriller”) on 24 December, 2017, and I will never be the same.
- I love to travel. I’ve been to all the lower 48 United States, and eight countries in Europe. I hope to expand on that every summer.
- When I grow up, I want to be a writer. Since all good writers write something every day, I blog to keep my skills sharp – and hopefully improve them. I also find a great many things interesting, like the Beatles, movies and television (mostly older TV shows), sports, history, books, weird trivia and travel. I include these topics as the subject of many of my blog posts.
- Many things make me mad. I write about those, too.
- Life goals: Retire from teaching high school in May, 2024; spend time with my children and grandchildren; travel, party.
- You can mail anytime, if you like: