Everybody’s doing it; you can read them on countless blogs and see it on Facebook every day in pictures. Why not an RtB version? But here’s the catch: you have to do it with me.
Each day I will pose a question we all must answer. (Now would be a good time for the lurkers to delurk. I know you’re out there. How do I know? Sorry, classified.)
What are some of your most treasured childhood memories? Give a list.
- Going to elementary school in the fall. The smell of leaves, construction paper, glue, mimeograph ink; Miss Rinehart’s long hair and pretty dresses.
- 1965. Lying in bed on Christmas Eve, swearing I could hear sleigh bells in the distance. Waking up to find a cowgirl outfit under the tree, complete with skirt, blouse, boots, hat, pistols and gun belt.
- Eating Sunday dinners at Grandma Johnson’s house, with all the cousins there.
- Playing with next-door neighbors Mary Sue and Wendy Lapish until dark.
- Trick-or-treating in our neighborhood — at night.
OK, your turn. Anything come to mind? Tell. The more I know about you, the more stuff I can blackmail you with later.