Mood: perturbed. I need some inner peace today.
WHAT IS IT? What IS it with people? Not that I’m 100% organic all the time, mind. Wagons are rickety and the ride is bumpy for a reason. Sometimes, folks fall off. I get that. But over the past two days, all of these things have happened:
- I’ve been cut off twice by drivers who neither look nor care to look anywhere except where they want to go.
- I’ve been spoken to like I’m nine.
- I’ve felt insulted by the behavior of a few of my students.
- I discovered that my school district paid $4,000 for a battery of standardized tests that indicate nothing, solve nothing and mean nothing.
- Despite the fact that the Cleveland Browns are showing some offense and competitiveness for the first time since 1999, “fans,” hiding behind the guarantee of anonymity, continue to dream up and write the most vile, mean-spirited and cruel comments on the web, wherever possible.
- I’ve been lied to, and I knew it, but the liar didn’t.
Now that’s a couple-a days, lemmetellya. Where can a rat get some tranquility around here? Still, as is my M.O., I will provide you with two wonderful things:
- I had a great rehearsal last night.
- It’s JAKE’S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!! (ya think I have enough !!!!s?) Big boy is 7 today. Grammie loves him.
So I guess it’s not all bad, ja? Have a good whatever-it-is, fiends. Thanks for the listening eyes.